Kelley Construction Receives Award of Excellence
Louisville, KY – Kelley Construction, Inc. was presented with the Award of Excellence from the Kentuckiana ABC in recognition of work completed on the Parklands of Floyds Fork.
This award was in recognition of the work completed on Phase 2B of the Parklands Floyds Fork, a multi-phase park project in the east end of Louisville. Work involved simultaneous construction of 12 components across an expansive 220 acre site. These components included—
- The Gheens Foundation Lodge with is an 11,000 sq. ft. facility overlooking Floyds Fork with a cantilevered deck, numerous windows, a welcoming lobby, and meetings rooms.
- The PNC Achievement Center for Education and Interpretation is a 4,100 sq. ft. facility that will act as the main information center for the park.
- The Signature Egg Lawn is a 2 acre, oval lawn complete with electric service designed to host various sporting activities, picnics, and movie nights at the park.
- The Bark Park surrounds the Signature Egg Lawn and consists of three fenced-in areas for canines to run free.
- A Canoe Launch was constructed of multi-level, limestone and gabion basket launch platforms to accommodate for fluctuating water levels and has full vehicle access for quick put-in or take-out.
- The Creekside Picnic Pavilion is an open air structure with ample picnic space.
- The Overlook sits atop a hill overlooking 3 of the William F. Miles lakes and provides a tranquil spot to sit and take in the view.
- The Trailhead is an open-air, covered structure that acts as the park’s information center and contains family-friendly restrooms.
- An ADA Accessible Fishing Pier cantilevers one of the three William F. Miles lakes to create an experience that anyone can enjoy.
- Silo Renovations involved removing invasive vegetation encapsulating three existing silos. Once the vegetation was remove, each tower was scraped, painted, and received a new metal roof.
- The Signature Trail encircles the Signature Egg Lawn and contains Hike/Bike Trails that go on for approximately 4.5 miles throughout various components of the park.
- The Community Garden is a fenced-in area of the park with access to water throughout which is sectioned into 30 x 30 plots for residential gardening.
Additional Project Information
In addition to constructing these 12 components, the contracted scope of work included preliminary and finish site work. Preliminary site work involved demolition, clearing and grubbing, and general grading; as well as, installation of site utilities and irrigation. The finish site work was extensive and involved light installation, live stake plantings, grass and meadow seeding, shrub and vine plantings, and planting of 8,000 native trees.
About Kelley Construction
Since opening its doors in 1978, Kelley Construction, Inc. has remained committed to providing innovative, value-based construction solutions for the growing needs of clients and the markets that they serve. Through the basic principle of building confidence, trust and integrity into every project, Kelley Construction has grown to a multi-divisional, national firm dedicated to construction excellence in the commercial, food service, healthcare, industrial and petroleum and energy markets.