Safety awareness is an integral component in any endeavor that we undertake. Our number one priority is a proactive approach to safety, which is the cornerstone of our comprehensive safety program that includes: regular field audits, daily job safety analysis on each project, and perpetual safety training with daily, weekly, monthly and annual sessions. All employees participate in an inclusive behavior-based safety program that includes field observations and performance feedback.
Safety is Our Priority
At Kelley, staff members and service partners share a willingness to uphold the highest of safety standards which help us to provide the safest and healthiest work environment possible. We employ a full-time Safety Director and Safety Engineer as well as empower our on-site Superintendents and subcontractors to identify and rectify potential hazards. In addition, we are able to self-permit work to include confined space and hot work. We strictly adhere to DOT requirements for highway and pipeline work with many of our employees being OQ Certified for controlled tasks in pipeline maintenance.
In recognition of our commitment to safety excellence, we have been presented with the following awards:
- ABC Award of Excellence in Safety for the Merit shop Construction Awards 2014
- Kentucky Employers’ Mutual Insurance (KEMI) – Destiny Award for 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – National Safety Excellence Award for 2008
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – National Safety Excellence Merit Award for 2007
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Platinum Award for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Gold Award for 2009 and 2012
- Award of Excellence from the National Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. in 2008
- Award of Merit from the National Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. in 2007
- Zero Lost Time Accident Achievement Award from the Tilt-Up Concrete Association in 2006